by Sofia Grey
Publisher: Entangled Select
Genre: Contemp military romance
Holly Jacobs loses her heart a little too easily. Never again. But when she meets the sexy soldier on the beach, Holly knows she’s in big trouble. Zack Winter is gorgeous and in pain, and when he kisses Holly, all of her resolve melts away…
Zack is on short-term leave to attend a funeral, and he’s walking a fine line. The loss is unbearable…and he’ll do whatever it takes to distract himself from it. Especially if it means a night of searingly-hot sex with Holly Jacobs. Only his brilliant idea isn’t exactly going according to plan.
One night isn’t nearly enough. But if it goes much longer it might end in broken hearts…
For more about the Love at the Beach series, check out the series website: https://loveatthebeach.wordpress.com/
Read the first chapter here: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/his-temporary-fix/
*Guest Post by Sofia Grey*
The Lure of the Exotic Location
courtesy of 123rf.com
My latest release, His Temporary Fix, is set in a sleepy beachside community in New Zealand. I’ve lived here eight years, and it now feels normal to me, but when I first moved here from the UK, it felt alien and exotic.
Here’s a quick primer on the delights of my adopted country:
- Endless stretches of sand, brilliant blue oceans, clean, safe and usually empty. I never tire of walking on the beach or staring at the ocean.
The (tiny) population
- Four-point-something million people. That’s all. A few years ago, the sheep population was estimated at thirty-one million. Nuff said.
The wide-open spaces
- Sheep need grass, and there’s plenty of that here. There are few housing estates where every property is a mirror of the one next door, and they all have space. Outside of the cities, most houses are built on one level, because there’s plenty of room.
The coffee and the wine
- Kiwis love their coffee, and their preferred drink is a Flat White, similar to a Latte. Here in Wellington, I’ve lost count of the number of coffee roasters and sellers. People generally have a preferred coffee label, in the same way as the English love their tea, and Germans love their beer.
- Wine is big here too, with some of the most delicious white grape varieties in the world, and easy access to friendly vineyards.
The capital city is built around the harbour
- It’s fun to go for a walk / bike / skateboard / rollerblade along the waterfront at lunchtime, and watch the kayakers / swimmers / divers in the water. Love it 🙂
- There are no words. Check out this fun Buzzfeed primer for some bizarre facts and incredible pictures (includes: There are more vending machines in Japan than there are people in New Zealand): http://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskelley/things-you-did-not-know-about-new-zealand#.higzrxmWr
Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.